FAQ concerning stays abroad

Do I have to go abroad?

Although BA students are not obliged to go abroad, it is strongly recommended that you spend at least three months in an English-speaking country. You are advised to go abroad after the introductory level.

Trainee teachers are required to go to an English-speaking country (SLA 3 months), (HLA 5 months). The FHNW only accepts stays abroad that took place after the Matura.

Going abroad - What exchange programmes are offered?

Please refer to mobility for further information.