EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR LITERATURE, SCIENCE AND THE ARTS
SLSAeu, the sister organisation of the international, USA-based Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts welcomes colleagues in the humanities, the social sciences, the arts, all fields of science, medicine, engineering, computer sciences as well as independent scholars, artists and scientists.
Dr. Manuela Rossini
Department of English
University of Basel
President & Executive Director
Manuela Rossini, Associated Researcher at the University of Basel, Switzerland
1st Vice President
Cristina Iuli, Università del Piemonte Orientale, Italy
2nd Vice President and Treasurer
Stefan Herbrechter, Coventry University, UK
Representative of Eastern Europe
Monika Bakke, University of Poznan, Poland
Representative of Southern Europe
Ivan Callus, University of Malta, Malta
Science Communication & Medical Humanities
Louise Whiteley, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Jens Hauser, University of Bochum, Germany
Liaison with SLSA
Carol Colatrella, Georgia Tech University, USA
Bruce Clarke, Texas Tech University, USA
Membership Fees 2017
Students and persons with a low income: €20
Institutes: €150 (1 vote)
Benefactors: €500 or more (1 vote)
Banking Details (please write full name of society)
European Society for Science, Literature and the Arts
Crédit Suisse, Spalenberg, Basel
IBAN: CH25 0483 5185 3595 8200 0
So far, the SLSAeu met biennially in a European country from 2000 to 2012:
London (2012) [PDF (457 KB)]
Turin & Vercelli (2014) [PDF (250 KB)]
The SLSAeu conference takes place every year now:
- 2017: Basel, 20/21-24 June. Theme: EMPATHIES. Site chairs: Manuela Rossini & Markus Wild
- 2018: Copenhagen, June (exact dates t.b.a.). Theme: GREEN. Site chair: Jens Hauser.
- 2019: Athens (t.b.c.)
- 2020: If you like to host this meeting, please get in touch with Manuela Rossini.
Members of the SLSAeu will endeavour to develop joint research projects. Further information forthcoming. If you are interested in a research collaboration or applying for EU funding, please contact: Manuela Rossini, slsa-eu(at)unibas.ch
Experimental Practices: Technoscience, Literature, Art, Philosophy
Eds.: Sher Doruff, Manuela Rossini
This book series consists of two strands:
- Works by single authors and truly collaborative volumes. As well as books on larger historical, political and theoretical topics and experimental collaborations across disciplines, it encourages studies concentrating on a single author, artist or indeed work.
- Selected papers from the European Society for Science, Literature and the Arts. Each yearly publication has a strong individual identity, centered on a specific topic and is entrusted to a distinguished guest editor.
Routledge Companion to Literature and Science
Eds.: Bruce Clarke, Manuela Rossini
Further information: www.routledge.com
The official publication of the Society for Literature, Science and the Arts Configurations is the only journal devoted to the study of the discourse pertaining to the theories and practices of science, technology, and medicine. Founded in 1993, the journal explores the relations of literature and the arts to the sciences and technology. Access to the journal is through the Johns Hopkins University Press.
Journal of Literature and Science
The Journal of Literature and Science is a peer-reviewed, open-access academic journal, published twice annually in Summer and Winter. It is linked to the British Society for Literature and Science.